ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC CHURCH
1 BLUFF STREET
COUNCIL BLUFFS, IA 51503
Father Chuck’s Thought For the Day.
January 15, 2021.
One of the most inspiring moments in my priesthood is when I see little children seek to understand some of the symbols in our church. A first-grade child asked me about the angels in our church and what they mean. The angels tell the story about the agony in the garden to the resurrection. I told this wonderful little girl that the story of the angels was very sad. Her mother asked her if it would be okay to hear the story and the little girl agreed. This was a beautiful moment of growth in this little girl’s faith. My thought for the day is that I hope you have many marvelous moments of faith in your life like this little girl.
Have A Blest Day.
Father Chuck Kottas
IN ACCORDANCE WITH BISHOP JOENSEN:
DAILY MASS BEGINS JUNE 9, 2020.
THE DAILY MASS SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
TUESDAY 5:30 PM
WEDNESDAY 8:00 AM
THURSDAY 5:30 PM
FRIDAY 8:00 AM
WEEKEND MASSES BEGIN JUNE 20, 2020
THE WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
SATURDAY 4:00 PM
SUNDAY 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, NOON
PLEASE FOLLOW THE LISTED RULES:
- IF YOU FEEL SICK OR HAVE A FEVER YOU MUST STAY HOME
- ONLY 120 PEOPLE IN CHURCH FOR EACH MASS
- NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED IN CHURCH UNTIL 15 MINUTES BEFORE MASS STARTS
- YOU MUST LEAVE THE CHURCH IMMEDIATELY AFTER MASS ENDS
- PLEASE BRING A MASK AND WEAR IT.
- THERE IS HAND SANITIZER IN THE BACK AND FRONT OF CHURCH. PLEASE USE IT.
- PLEASE DO NOT VISIT WITH OTHERS
- THE PEWS ARE DIVIDED OFF WITH TAPE. IF THERE IS TAPE ACROSS THE PEW, PLEASE DO NOT USE THAT PEW OR MOVE THE TAPE.
- COMMUNION WILL BE DISTRIBUTED IN THE HAND ONLY
- NO HOLY WATER
- NO ALTAR SERVERS
- NO READERS
- NO BULLETINS
- NO BOOKS
- NO MUSIC
- THERE WILL BE A COLLECTION BASKET AT THE CHURCH ENTRANCES, PLEASE PUT YOUR GIFTS IN THERE
- MASS WILL LAST ONLY 30 MINUTES
- PLEASE DO NOT MOVE AROUND IN CHURCH. DON’T GO TO THE SANCTUARY, RECONCILIATION ROOM, OR MOVE AROUND TO OTHER PEWS
- THE CRY ROOM WILL BE LOCKED AND UNAVAILABLE
THE CHURCH WILL BE SANITIZED AFTER EACH MASS WITH UV LIGHTS. THESE LIGHTS WILL BE TURNED ON AFTER EACH MASS. ONCE THEY ARE TURNED ON, NO ONE CAN ENTER THE CHURCH. THESE LIGHTS ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO HUMAN SKIN AND EYES. WE WILL POST NOTES ON THE DOORS WHENT HE LIGHTS ARE IN USE. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CHURCH WHEN THESE SIGNS ARE POSTED.
WE REALIZE THAT THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN WE’VE EVER HAD MASS BEFORE, BUT WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS IN RETURNING TO OUR NORMAL WAYS, JUST IN SMALL STEPS AT A TIME. THE MAIN THING WE MUST ALL REMEMBER IS THAT WE NEED TO BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS. THIS VIRUS IS A HORRIBLE PLAGUE AND WE WANT TO BE ASSURED THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO WORSHIP SAFELY.
Don’t forget to visit St. Peter’s Catholic Church Facebook page for more information & messages, too.
Pastor: Father Charles Kottas
Deacon: Rev. Mr. Stephen Rallis
Deacon Rev Mr Pat Snook
DRE: Sarah and Jaime Juarez
Officer Manager/CYO Director: Jean Thomas
Maintenance: Robert Beck
LOCATED BEHIND THE CHURCH
1 Bluff Street
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
“The Epidemic” by Matthew Kelly (from Youtube.com):